Use Form SC-290 to acknowledge payment of a small claims judgment if:
• You are the judgment creditor (or assignee), and the judgment debtor has
paid the full judgment (or satisfied it in another way), and
• Form EJ-001, Abstract of Judgment—Civil and Small Claims, has NOT been
recorded for this judgment.
Instructions for Form SC-290, Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment
Warning to the judgment creditor or person to whom the judgment
has been assigned!
• When a small claims judgment has been fully paid or satisfied, you must file an
Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment with the small claims court
• If the Acknowledgment is not filed within 14 days after the judgment debtor
requests it, you may have to pay the judgment debtor damages and a penalty.
New July 1, 2010
Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment
Use Form EJ-100 to acknowledge payment if:
• Form EJ-001, Abstract of Judgment—Civil and Small Claims, has been recorded.
• The judgment debtor has paid only part of the judgment, or
(This page is not part of the Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment and does not need to be copied, served,
[local info here]
For free help, contact your county’s small claims advisor:
Or go to “County-Specific Court Information” at www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp-smallclaims
For your protection and privacy, please press the Clear
This Form button after you have printed the form.