Verification of Age or Identity
Photocopies of birth-date documents and, if applicable, beneficiary birth-date documents are required before
benefits are paid. We will not accept documents that are incomplete, appear to be altered, or are difficult to
read. If your documents are not accepted, you will need to submit new photocopies. Please include your
PERS ID or Social Security number* on all documents submitted, including beneficiary forms.
If it is impossible for you to furnish the proof required in Group 1 or 2, write to PERS with a full explanation.
Since the documents submitted cannot be returned, we suggest using photocopies. If it is illegal to copy a
document, bring it in, and PERS will verify the birth information.
Be sure to put the PERS member’s Social Security number on all documents so they are properly recorded.
Two items in this group from different sources are
sufficient if age or birth date is shown.
Any TWO of these:
Example: One child’s birth certicate and one driver’s license.
Any ONE of these:
• A notarized afdavit by an older, immediate family
member in a position to know the birth date (e.g.,
father, mother, etc.)
• Certicate of military record
• Marriage record (Record must show your age or
date of birth at time of marriage.)
• Copy of Oregon driver’s license or ID card if issued before
February 4, 2008, or any other state’s license or ID card
issued at any time
• County voter registration (Must show your age or date
of birth; do not send in your precinct card.)
• Copy of child’s birth certicate if it shows age of parents
• Social Security record (Record must be displayed on
an estimate of benets or screen print from the Social
Security ofce. Document must be dated within last
• Military ID (military record DD214)
• Concealed weapons permit
Reference: OAR 459-013-0040
FS 459-029 (2/14/2018)
*Providing your Social Security number (SSN) is voluntary. It will be used for confirmation purposes. Failure to supply your SSN may delay the processing of this form.
11410 SW 68th Parkway, Tigard OR 97223
Mailing Address – PO Box 23700, Tigard OR 97281-3700
Toll free – 888-320-7377 Fax – 503-598-0561
Website – https://oregon.gov/pers
If one item in this group is furnished showing birth
dates, no further evidence of age is needed.
Any ONE of these:
• Copy of Oregon driver’s license or ID card if issued on
or after February 4, 2008
• Birth verication issued by state, county, or country
(Documents issued by foreign governments in a
language other than English need to include a
translation into English certied by a notary public,
public agency, or other public ofcial.)
• American Indian Reservation Age Verication
• Infant baptism certicate
• Hospital birth certicate (if signed by attending
physician or issued by state)
• Passport (current or expired)
• School-age record
• Naturalization or citizenship papers
• Family Bible record (If this record is furnished,
include the following information certied by a
notary public or other public ofcial: copy of all
family record entries in the Bible referring to
applicant and parents, brothers, and sisters; Bible
publication date or apparent age of Bible; when birth
date was entered and by whom.)